Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Holes by Louis Sachar

The book I read was Holes. It was about a boy Stanley Yelnats who was charged with robbery when he did not commit the crime. So he was sent to a digging camp called Camp Green Lake. It was a camp designed to teach boys the hard life. In camp he meets his friends called Armpit, Zigzag, X-Ray, Zero, Squid, and Magnet. Soon when he was digging he finds something suspicious. It’s a bullet with KB marked on it. When he gives it to the Camp owner, Mr. Sir, he says to keep on digging in that area. Stanley thinks he may not just be digging for hardship. He thinks that they are digging for something important. Will Stanley ever find out what they are digging for? Will Stanley survive the hardships in Camp Green Lake? Well you have to read the book to find out.

Giulio

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the book Holes. My favorite part was when they found the treasure. I like happy endings and this is a book that expresses that. At times it could be a little boring, but overall the book was great and the story that it told was as well. It showed team work and how some things can go wrong in world. If I had to choose to read a book to read over it would be Holes.

-Jenna

Anonymous said...

This is a really good book. My favorite part was when Stanley and Zero are on top of "God's thumb" and Zero tells Stanley that it was his fault that he was in the camp. Stanley thanks Zero and now Zero doesnt have to worry about feeling guilty. It was nice to feel the excitment they had when they finally made it to the top of the mountain.
Natalia

Anonymous said...

This was my favorite book .I read this book 5 times in 2 years.My favorite part was when Mr.Sri took out his gun to shoot the lizard and Stanley thought he was goig to shoot him.
Jamal

Anonymous said...

This book was very interesting. i like the part when stanley found the onions and told hector it was an ice cream sunday. that part actually mad eme try an onion but after i ate it, i cried because of the onion and because it tasted so bad.
-Ziggy :)

Anonymous said...

I really like this book. My Favorite Part in this book was when Stanley was telling his story about how his family was cursed for life. I would highly recomend this book to anyone because its amazing and exciting for anyone! :)