Friday, October 5, 2007

HEAT by Mike Lupica

HEAT
By: Mike Lupica


This book is about a boy named Michael Arroyo who is an all star baseball player. His father died after they escaped to New York from Cuba. His only family is his seventeen-year-old brother, Carlos. He has to keep his secret about being an orphaned child living with his brother, from Social Services or he will be separated from his brother in an orphanage or worse sent back to Cuba. Read this book to find out more about Michael Arroyo’s Secret Life. If you do read it, it’s full of unknown surprises and a jaw-dropping paragraph in almost every chapter. I love this book and hopefully you will too.

Jenna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have read Heat and I loved the book. I loved the book because I play baseball and that my family was split up too and this book inspires me to work around that and try to keep it a secret.

Brian

Anonymous said...

Heat was a great a book. I loved how his family was in a struggle but he and brother kept on getting by. I thought it was very sad that a coach wanted to take him out of the league because he didn't have his borth certificate.

-Isaac