Monday, June 18, 2007

My Brother Sam is Dead by James Collier

MY BROTHER SAM IS DEAD is a great book about the Revolutionary War. It is exciting, sad, and interesting. It’s about a family whose sixteen year old son joins the war. While he’s away, many awful things happen to the family. The father is killed by raiders and some of the twelve year old son’s friends are killed by the British. My favorite part was when the older brother came home and butchered the family cow for a meal and was punished. Find out what else happens by reading this great book!
Sam

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a good book! I might read it. Nice Post!

6w

Anonymous said...

I read this book in 5th grade last year. I thought that it was a very good book despite some parts of the book that I couldn't bear to read. I didn't like when the soldiers came and killed many of the town's cows. This chapter had very nice detail which was fun for some people to read, but for others, it was no pleasure. I thought it also had a very sad ending which is sometimes hard for a reader to read if they get very attached to the story. Overall though, I liked this book a lot.

Elana

Anonymous said...

When I read this book, there were some parts that made me cry. The parts where Sam kills the cows (which i totally didn't like) and where the dad gets killed by raiders. This book tells the life of a kid whose brother gets into the crazy idea and goes to war. The kid tells the story as he sees it. This book can be a pleasurable read or a not so good one, depending on the type of books you read. I would recomend this book to people who like to read books where there is a lot of emotion and sadness.
Shikha