Thursday, June 14, 2007

Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred Taylor

This book takes place in 1933 when there was racism against the blacks from the whites. This book is about an African-American family called the Logan’s. The Logan’s are fortunate and have their own land. The Logan’s are treated horrible because they are black. The Logan’s go through much hardships. My favorite part is when the Logan children dig a ditch in the road for revenge at the bus driver The bus driver runs over the ditch and breaks down.

By: Andrew

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roll of thunder hear my cry was a good book. I like the way that the author wrote about the drama going on. There was a big fight between
Mr.Morrison & the Wallaces because Mr. Morrison was black. The author made the conflict sound realistic. I imagned that I was really there. That is the reason that I liked the book so much.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this book alot. I had alot of mood swings through the book. T.J. acted like an idiotic jerk to the logans. There were plenty of shockig moments like what happened to papa. The ending must be one of the best ones ever and chapter 11 was amazing. This is an amazing book.

Anderson

Anonymous said...

I also enjoyed Roll of Thunder,Hear My Cry ,too. The book made me laugh so many times. For example,when the Logan children dug a ditch in the road,and the bus driver drove his bus into it and got stuck. I thought it was so sweet when Papa saved TJ by lighting the whole crop on fire.
Wow, I don;t think I would ever be that generous. Reading this book made me put more thought into racism that we have and had in our world.
-Sydney

Anonymous said...

Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry was a good book because it talked about how blacks and whites were separated and how they were treated. I learned more how we reacted to some things they did back then. My favorite part was when the Logan kids made a ditch and the white kid’s bus broke down. The main character was Cassie she was brave to dig a ditch and to stand up for her self when she was in Strawberry.

Theresa