Monday, December 17, 2007

THE CHALK BOX KID by Clyde Robert

Gregory loved to draw pictures. One day Gregory woke up and his mother and father were getting ready for work. The mother works at a restaurant and the father works at a bank. Mother asked Gregory, “Do you want your uncle to go with you to the new school?” Gregory said NO and ran out the door.

Then Gregory went to school and went in the office and asked the lady that was standing at the desk where to go. “I am a new student at this school,” he said. He was told to go to room 33.
After school he went home and then he saw his Uncle Max watching T.V. Gregory went into the room and looked around and when he was looking he saw pictures. There were none of Gregory pictures; there were only his Uncle Max’s pictures. The next day Gregory went school and his friend Ivy said he was a good artist.

Ivy and Gregory found a little shed that was not being used. They also found some chalk in the shed. What do you think they did with the chalk? Read the book to find out what happened next.
Joseph

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this book. I read it when I was in 4th grade. I liked it because I thought it was exciting and kind of cool how the boy just likes to draw and I think that's a pretty good hobby.
Enesa

Anonymous said...

I read this book in 4th grade as well. I believe this is one of the best books that Clyde Robert has written. I like the way he shows how anybody can express themself in anyway. I can relate to this book because The Chalk Box Kid likes to draw as well as I do. I think drawing is a great hobby and this book really expresses it through a shy boy.
-Jenna

Anonymous said...

I read The Chalk Box Kid. I really liked it, especially the part when Gregory and Ivy find the chalk and draw on the walls. The pictures were so interesting and Gregory really is a great artist. The pictures were so realistic I felt like I can jump into them.

Onyx