Tuesday, December 18, 2007

REALITY BUG by D. J. McHale

Do you have a favorite series? I do, and the series is called Pendragon. The book I read is the fourth book, The Reality Bug, by D. J. McHale. The Pendragon series is about a boy named Bobby Pendragon. He is a Traveler. Travelers are people from different worlds who must save the universe from the evil Saint Dane. Saint Dane is trying to destroy the universe, so he can rule everything and everyone. He finds a weakness or a turning point, in each world, to turn it to destruction. Bobby follows Saint Dane to each world to try to stop him. In this book, Bobby goes to Veelox. When he gets there he is greeted by the Traveler from Veelox, Aja Killian. There is very advanced technology on Veelox. A special program called Lifelight allows the people of Veelox to go inside their own fantasies. Everyone is addicted to Lifelight. Suddenly, there is a problem with Lifelight. I think the most interesting part in the book is when Aja, Bobby, and Loor, the Traveler from Zadaa, try to fix the problem with Lifelight. Saint Dane thinks that if everyone is in Lifelight, the world will fall apart. They have to go inside the fantasy of Dr. Zetlin, the creator of Lifelight to fix the problem. How are they going to find Dr. Zetlin? Can you guess who is responsible for the problem with Lifelight? Can Bobby get everyone out of Lifelight and beat Saint Dane? Will Veelox be destroyed? The Pendragon series are great and I love them!
Kaitlyn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kaitlyn,

Wow you must have read that book realy well. I am looking foward to reading that book.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kaitlyn I really admire how you brilliantly told us what the book was about in this great blog. My favorite part was when they fix the problem with the Lifelight. I like other books by this author too.
-Sanju

Anonymous said...

Hi Kaitlyn... i love you'r book blog. It makes me realy want to read this book. I may go look for it.