Wednesday, December 19, 2007

THE CITY OF SPARKS BY Jeanne DuPrau

The City of Sparks is an exciting and adventurous book. It tells about how the people of Ember find the city of Sparks and try to fit in. Many of the people of Sparks are angry that the people of Ember came to them and excepted to be fed. Riots broke out and people are hurt. The people of Sparks try to feed them and give them homes but they get irritated and angry. One troublemaker decides to show that the people of Ember should get houses, get jobs, and be treated equally by starting a war. He thinks that they could beat the people of Sparks because they have made weapons out of glass and sticks but, they don’t know the people of Sparks have a weapon from the old days. Will Lisa and Doon be able to help the people of Ember and the people of Sparks live in peace or will they have to live in war for the rest of their lives? This book will make you want to keep reading until you find out what happens.
Natalia

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Natalia!

I read this book along time ago and enjoyed it. I own the city fo ember and am going to re-read it. After that, i'm going to read city of sparks. I remeber a little about them but this blog refreshed my memorie a little>

Anonymous said...

I also read this book and I really enjoyed it! Out of the three books in this series, this was one of my favorites.

Joseph

Anonymous said...

I loved this book so much. My favorite part was when the war broke out. I read this book a long time ago, and they're making a movie for the first one.

Janina

Anonymous said...

I also read this books and really loved it! It was a fantastic sequel to the City of Ember. It was one of those books I could read over and over again and never get bored.

Emily

Anonymous said...

This was one of my favorite books! I, like Anonymous#1 said, own the book to(city of ember). I liked this one a little more then the first one. Have you read the prequal?
Jack