Friday, December 14, 2007

HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX By: J.K. Rowling

Drama, suspense, and action! If these are the qualities you like in a book, then Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is the book for you. Harry Potter, The-Boy-Who-Lived, is now coming back to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for his fifth year. Once again Harry will have no ordinary year. In fact, now that the Ministry of Magic is making sure that no one believes Lord Voldemort has returned, Harry has no hope to slay the Dark Lord. However, the Order of the Phoenix, a secret organization that fights Voldemort and his army, does believe Harry. Together with his best friends, Ron and Hermione, Harry must try and convince as many people as possible that Lord Voldemort has returned if they hope to vanquish him. Once again Harry’s future and life is at stake, but if Harry gives up, the entire world is doomed. Nail biting to the end, the most gripping part, however, is when Albus Dumbledore, Hogwarts’s Head Master, and Lord Voldemort have a formidable duel. "Avada Kedavra!" Voldemort uses this death spell on Harry. Dumbledore saves him by blocking it. Brandishing wands, the two greatest wizards in the world blast each other with fantastic spells. Each a master of wizardry, neither can defeat the other. As Voldemort shoots a jet of green light, Fawkes, the phoenix, protects Dumbledore by swallowing it whole. In the middle of this battle, Voldemort fuses himself to Harry. He hisses through Harry’s mouth, “Kill me now, Dumbledore…” Is this the end? Or is it just the beginning? Read the book and find out more.

By: Alexander

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happens in the duel? Does anyone die in this book, I've only read the 1st. three Harry Potter books.

Anonymous said...

I agree that Harry Poter and the Order of the Phoenix is a good book.I thought this was a good book since it had a lot of action and suspense.My favorite part is when Voldemort and Dumbledore have a fight in the Ministry of Magic. When Voldemort kept tring to kill Dumbledore, I thought he was a goner. However, Voldemort kept missing. If anyone wants to read this, I would really recommend it.

June 14, 2007 12:27 PM

Anonymous said...

I read all the other Harry Potter books. I heard that there is going to be a big adventure so I want to take the book out. I also want to know what happens to Harry Potter.

June 13, 2007 12:41 PM

Anonymous said...

I loved this book! I loved the part when Harry and his friends fight the death eaters. I was supprised puzzled why Dumbeldor wouldn't talk to Harry. It was sad when Serious Black died. The fight between Hary and Voldormort was awsome!
Sam

Anonymous said...

It is so awesome and suspenful I like to read it again. You should finish the series. It is so cool with all their magic and see what happens to Voldermort and Harry.

Written by Alex