Thursday, December 20, 2007

Secret Garden By: Frances Hodgson Burnett

The book I read was The Secret Garden. The main character in the story is a little girl named Mary. She originally lived in India, with her Ayah who pampered, dressed, and fed Mary. There is a terrible disease going around in India. Mary gets sent to live with her uncle in Misselthwaite, which is an academy in a different area of India. When she reaches Misselthwaite she is just skin and bone. Her new Ayah’s name is Martha. Martha teaches Mary many things, like how to dress herself and how to feed herself. When Mary reaches Missalthwaite, she eventually meets two boys who soon become her friends. Their names are Colin and Dicken. Mary, Colin, and Dicken all discover the Secret Garden.
To find out what they do in the Secret Garden you’ll have to read this book. So go to the library and pick up a copy.

Rachel

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,

Great blog! Can't wait to read the book now. I've seen the movie but havent read the book: SADLY! Sounds like you really liked the book!

Alexandra

Anonymous said...

I have also read the book. I have the unbrigded copy. (it was the author first copy). I hope you read mine soon.

Anonymous said...

Rachel,

I loved the book. My favorite part was when Mary, Colin, and Dicken discover the secret garden.

Anonymous said...

I loved the book and the movie. It was just so wonderful to read it. My favorite part was when they discovered the secret garden.
-Sanju

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this book. My favorite part was when she finally finds the secret garden. Great blog by the way.
Leah

Anonymous said...

I loved this book.It was really sad that many people died from the disease. My favorite part was when she found the secret garden.
Pia

Anonymous said...

Great post! I'm reading the book and I'm loving it so far. The part I'm on is when Mary is in India with her Ayah. I have also watched the movie and it is as good as the book is!


Tristan

Anonymous said...

Rachel,

I love this book it was a good book my favorite part was when Mary found Colins room it was amzing she did not even know he excisted.I liked this book ,I culd tell you did too. Great post by the way.

Nikki

Anonymous said...

This book sounds like a great book. I can't wait to read it and find out what happens in the garden.

Steven

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
Your blog was really good. I also love The Secret Garden. It was so interesting but in some of parts it was kind of scary. My favorite part was when the girl and the boy became friends. Im glad you enjoed this book because I know I did.
-Hannah